Zenity is the first and only complete security governance platform for no-code/low-code development.
The platform is designed to enable anyone, including the non-tech savvy or no technical background users to build apps, set up integrations, and automate processes.
We sat down with Ben Kliger, the CEO and co-founder of Zenity, to dive deeper into how Zenity is a game-changer in the low-code/no-code industry.
1. What was your inspiration for coming up with Zenity?
The low-code/no-code revolution has been thrilling for both pro and citizen developers, but daunting for information security professionals, inviting frequent conflicts of “We need this” vs. “No, we can’t use that; it’s not secure.”
Throughout my career, and especially while working at Microsoft, I saw time and time again the struggles and frustrations of large enterprises in dealing with emerging technologies and the lack of proper security governance tools. I believe that low-code/no-code platforms represent all that is beautiful in technology, enabling anyone to become a developer and create what they require, when they require it, and on their own. By enabling people with different skill levels and backgrounds to be relevant in today’s hyper-digital world, these platforms allow all to become modern professionals.
I managed to find the most intelligent co-founder I could have ever asked for – Michael Bargury – and together, we were inspired to create a solution that would empower security and business applications teams to enable the use of no-code/low-code platforms without compromising on security practices or control.
We realized that existing security tools and processes are great for cloud and traditional development, but that they are irrelevant when it comes to modern development with no-code/low-code platforms. Therefore, a solution like Zenity that is providing visibility and control was needed.
2. As co-founder and CTO, what has been the most important lesson you learned while starting Zenity?
I’ve found that a good way to deal with the ever-changing landscape of an early stage startup is to surround myself with excellent people, who have “been there before” or have a proven track record, then to ask them questions and listen. I may be the one making the final decisions at the end of the day, but the more information a decision-maker has, the more capable they are to make a conscious decision.
3. What makes Zenity’s platform for low-code/no-code apps unique a game-changing security solution?
We are the first and only complete security governance platform for no-code/low-code development. We focus on helping security teams take part in the no-code/low-code revolution and become business enablers by gaining visibility and control over their no-code/low-code platforms.
Zenity is a SaaS plug & play type of platform that showcases value through visibility, risk assessment, and governance within minutes of onboarding, with zero friction to the business and no-code/low-code platforms. Our team brings years of security expertise from the cloud and application security spaces and focus on real pain points that enterprises are facing.
4. How does Zenity help companies face common business app security, compliance, and continuity challenges?
The Zenity platform has three pillars to help enterprises deal with security, compliance, and business continuity challenges :
- Visibility- Zenity helps enterprises find business critical applications, sensitive data flows, stale objects, and more. These capabilities ensure that security teams put their focus only on resources that require their immediate attention.
- Risk assessment- Zenity provides continuous risk assessment for all no-code/low-code components to identify data exfiltration, ransomware, authentication misuse and others. Our risk assessment knowledge base is updated on a continuous basis with new vulnerabilities that are mapped within known security frameworks such as OWASP and MITRE.
- Governance- Zenity helps enterprises unleash productivity and promote digital transformation. We do this by helping enterprises ensure compliance with customization and enforcement of policies. Enterprises can also create and activate playbooks to automate management and remediation processes.
5. What has been Zenity’s biggest achievement since launching?
The last few months have been extremely busy at Zenity on all fronts, from new team members and disciplines to various conferences, newly onboarded customers, and groundbreaking new features for the platform.
We told the Zenity story to the world loud and clear, and received amazing feedback. Enterprises are making impressive progress with no-code/low-code, and the need for a security governance solution is clearer than ever.
We are also very proud to work with some of the world’s most successful companies, including Fortune 500 organizations. We push our organization to the limits, and the results are showing. This is a great feeling, and we are very lucky to be able to have such incredible employees and partners who are essential in our journey.
6. What’s next for Zenity?
We will continue to focus on growing both our business and the company, and we will also continue to ensure that our employees feel safe in the current world climate.
We will continue to push forward on all fronts, putting a great focus on customer acquisition and bringing the best talent to be part of our journey to make no-code/low-code development more secure.
Low-Code/No-Code is making waves, and Zenity is here to ensure that enterprises can continue with their digital transformation efforts with advanced security governance in mind.