Benidorm is a resort town in Spain, located on the Mediterranean coast. It is rightfully considered one of the most popular places among tourists, local residents and investors, as all the country’s infrastructural achievements in recent years have been concentrated here.
Residents of all surrounding cities come here to relax and have fun. Many of them choose to stay here and start looking for a property in Benidorm. We invite you to read through our short guide to this magnificent city and, perhaps, you will want to become its resident too, or at least to spend regular weekends here.
What is the climate like in Benidorm?
Like the entire Costa Blanca, Benidorm has a special, Mediterranean climate. A gentle wind, average annual temperature of +23 degrees (in summer the average temperature is +26, in winter the temperature does not drop below +13), extremely rare precipitation and fresh sea breeze combined with mountain air create ideal conditions for people of all ages. In Benidorm, more than 320 days a year are sunny, and therefore its inhabitants always feel great! The abundance of pine forests and clean air also make Benidorm an excellent option for recreation, both on a permanent basis and for regular vacation trips.
What is worth seeing in Benidorm?
Benidorm has a huge number of entertainment venues such as bars, restaurants, nightclubs, shopping and entertainment centers and much more. However, a lot of tourists and locals are attracted to its other side, namely its sights. Their concentration is incredibly high here! We recommend everyone who stays in this city for at least a few days to visit its best sights, such as:
· Parte Vieja. The old quarter, densely built up with houses dating back to the 16th-18th centuries. Here you will feel like in a fairy tale: cobbled streets, taverns and cafes with great atmosphere, breathtaking squares and several streets breathing with ancient atmosphere will have a place in your heart forever.
· Mediterranean balcony. The most popular observation deck in Benidorm. It offers an incredible view to the sea. A great place to take a memorable photo or just stand and enjoy an unforgettable view. A snow-white staircase next to the platform leads to Placa de Castelar with a majestic temple with blue domes.
· Aiguera Park. An evergreen oasis with everything you need to relax. In addition to numerous shops and venues, there is also an arena where bullfighting is held and two amphitheaters, where concerts and various cultural events thrown there on a regular basis.
· Levante beach. Youth beach, where it is always noisy and fun. It will be an ideal option for those who want to be in good shape and a good mood and to receive energy for the whole day ahead. 40 meters wide, the beach stretches for 2 kilometers. The abundance of companies that rent out various sports equipment for diving, surfing, boarding and other active entertainment will make sure you do not get bored and do what you like. For those who want to have a bite, there are dozens of cafes and restaurants to choose from. Many of the establishments on this beach are open 24/7.
How much do apartments and houses cost in Benidorm?
Are you interested in real estate in Benidorm? Get ready for a long process of searching for the right property for you. These are not the cheapest apartments and houses on the Costa Blanca, however, with some effort, you can find the right option for your budget. As of 2022, the current prices in the Benidorm market look like this:
· Cheap pre-owned apartments (secondary market) can be found at prices starting from € 100,000 for a 1-2 bedroom apartment on the outskirts of the city. This is the best option if you want to find the cheapest apartment for your regular trips to Spain.
· New apartments on the primary market (from the developer) in popular areas of Benidorm will cost from € 250,000. For this money, you get housing in excellent residential complexes equipped with everything necessary for comfort, including a protected area, underground or surface parking, a communal pool and many other perks.
· New villas within the city limits, consisting of 2-3 bedrooms and 2-3 bathrooms will cost no less than € 450,000. The most luxurious options in elite areas can cost up to €6,000,000
· Villas on the secondary market are a little less expensive, so if necessary, you can consider this option. Prices start from €300,000 for the simplest ones.